Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 229 - Feeding Goats

Thought of the day: I had a nice run on Niederweningen trails this afternoon.  I ran through the town center and then onto the hills.  My plan was to run to the center of the next town but I couldn't quite make it.  I would certainly try again, but perhaps taking a shorter route next time.  I ran for well over an hour on quiet trails and didn't run into a single soul other than two groups of cows grazing lazily on the grass.  Watching the rolling carpets of farmland greens endlessly unfolding in front of my eyes, listening to the sounds of distant cowbells carried in the gentle wind, feeling the peace and serenity palpably emanated from this blessed land of rolling hills, dark forests, and picture postcard villages, I was coming to understand why my in-laws would never want to move away from their village.  For this is their home, and what a home it is.

Photo of the day:
Next to the school playground, there's a large enclosure of about a dozen of bunnies, some ducks, and a few goats. Kids love playing in the playground and feeding the animals.  Lila and Jasmine pay the animals a visit everyday if they can.  It's only a short walk from the grandparents' house.

No comments:

Post a Comment