Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 66: Panda's Gift

Thought of the day: Christmas is a good time to think about what makes one happy.  As I heard, one side effect of the recession was that it may have changed gift making in some subtle ways.  Instead of a lot of material gifts, people are giving more time to their family.  I think this will make people on both the giving and receiving ends happier.  My favorite gift this year was a story written by Jasmine for me.  It was inspired by a story called Quiltmaker's Gift that her teacher read in school.  Here is Jasmine's story: Panda's Gift.  True happiness comes from giving, from family intimacy and from within, and not from material wealth or the pursuing of it.

Photo of the day:
Jasmine's Christmas gift for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment