Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 43 - Reading Books

Thought of the day:  The rewards of parenthood often show up when you're not expecting them.  When I was showing and singing to Lila some songs in a lullaby book, she suddenly decided to sing along with me.  We have "read" the book many times before in that manner but usually she would just sit and listen quietly.  Tonight I discovered that she could sing most of the songs in tune.  What a surprise!  That reminded me of Jasmine when she was a toddler: one day when I was reading One More Bunny to her for the sextillionth time, she decided to break her silence and finish every sentence in the book for me.  These are the moments when you realize that your kids take everything in like a sponge, no matter they're showing it or not, and whatever you do for them have a meaning.  These are the emotional moments that all parents live for.

Photo of the day:
Lila flipping through a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment