Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 120 - Calm

Thought of the day: I learned a lesson from a small incident today.  I arrived on time in a hair salon for a cut.  I was in a bit of a hurry as I just had enough time to get a cut and then pick up Jasmine and Lila from two different locations and then take them to an activity.  To my surprise, my hairdresser just started working on a woman's hair as I entered the door.  I peeked into her appointment book and confirmed that it was indeed my turn but now I had to wait and would probably be late for my kids.  And then I overheard the hairdresser said something to the woman to the effect that she would not rush her hair, and she didn't acknowledge, explain, or apologize to me about the situation.  I had two choices - to feel slighted, leave, and switch to another hairdresser, or to accept the situation as it was, wait, and hope everything would work out.  Luckily, I chose the latter.  With a bit of a rush and some help from a super-friendly co-worker of hers, everything did work out in the end. I left her a good tip and told her that I would be back.  I didn't ask her what happened, neither did I see a need for it.  It could have easily been one of those things that happened despite good intentions of all parties.  If the same thing happens again, which I don't think is likely, will I make a different choice then?  Perhaps, but it is still my choice to make.  I felt good about the choice I made today, and the fact that I felt good about it told me that I had made the right choice.

Photo of the day:

Our favorite Indian restaurant.  I always felt calm inside this restaurant - perhaps the interior, ambiance and aroma combined to have a calming effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment