Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 117 - Valentine Candy

Thought of the day: It was one of those days when nothing seemed to have gone right.  It started with Lila cutting her fingers in a razor, ended with her getting another finger caught in a door, and in between there were a myriad of small incidents on top of mood swings of multiple family members.  I was exhausted by the end of the day and that's when I started looking through the pictures I took today.  What a refreshing surprise!  I almost forgot that there were so many beautiful moments during the day.  Pictures are recorded history and it can truly give you perspective to review them after the fact.  When your mind is quiet and is no longer absorbed in the details of the moment, it's finally free to experience above and beyond what the moment gives.  So, thanks to these pictures, I had a revelation tonight: contrary to what I thought, I actually had a pretty good day today; and that's probably true for most of the days that I thought were lousy.  Now, I just need to bring this perspective back to every moment that I live as I live it.  It would be hard but it would certainly make me much happier.

Photo of the day:
Lila enjoying her Valentine's candy from Jasmine's classroom party: it's a heart shaped lollipop!

No comments:

Post a Comment