Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 113 - Fire Hydrant

Thought of the day: I have books piling up at home.  When I find titles I am interested in, I would first try to get the books online from the Boulder Public Library.  The library carries a good half of the books I'm interested in.  For the rest, I can almost always get them from Amazon.  The whole process takes less than five minutes and I'll usually receive the books in a matter of days.  Of course, it would be more economical, less wasteful and pretty much instantaneous to get e-books.  We have several e-book readers at home and I have tried hard to like them but, sadly, have not yet succeeded in doing so.  I'm staying with the good old physical books for now.  Reading a good book, especially a good book on an interesting yet unfamiliar topic, can be an exhilarating and mind-opening experience. The challenge is to find time to actually sit down and read.  Perhaps, I should write less and read more.

Photo of the day:
Fire hydrant in the snow in the east of Boulder. The plain to the east of Boulder is one of the many locations that I would like to do a photo shoot at.  Just like the every-growing stack of unread books at home, I have an ever-growing list of things/places that I would like to take pictures of.

No comments:

Post a Comment