Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 302 - Lila

Thought of the day: Today I had both lunch and dinner with parents from our neighborhood school. As the school year had just started this week for all of our kids, naturally it was one of the main topics in the conversations. There are currents and undercurrents in the school that I am not aware of. That's hardly surprising. From as far back as I can remember, I always feel like being an outsider in any larger social circles and it's no different with this school. I can connect with people individually on a personal level but I can not easily relate to a larger group of people. This personality trait has not so far negatively affect my life in any significant way, but I am afraid that it may take a toll on Jasmine's education.  There are few things in the world that I desire more than giving my children a good education so perhaps I'll try harder to get involved in the school instead of standing at the peripheral looking and feeling like an outsider.

Photo of the day:
Lila just finished her first day at her new preschool.  I took the girls to Alfalfa's Juice Bar for a little treat after school.

No comments:

Post a Comment