Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 280 - Lila

Thought of the day: I felt grateful when I held Lila in my arms for a peaceful moment before putting her to bed tonight. The day scrolled by in front of my eyes like a movie: slow morning, Lila playing on a lawn, our happy ride along the creek to Meadows Plaza with Jasmine and her friend, Lila doing gymnastics, busy but cheerful waitress in the bakery, meeting friends, Lila napping on the bike in a cafe while Jasmine and I played games, our scary ride in the thunderstorm, taking refuge in a neighbor's garage (again),  everybody getting home wet and happy…  This day flew by like so many others.  It was good to stop and think about it for a moment. I never imagined that life could be so colorful and fulfilling.  It's in my thoughts every day that this could very well be the best period of my life and, many years in the future, I may read this blog with a smile on my face and feel envious of this person that I once was.  In the back of my mind, there's always a gloomy voice reminding me that life is brief and fleeting and this too shall not last.  But does that matter?  No, what matters right now is that I have had a great day and I'm happy and grateful for it.

Photo of the day:
Lila playing on the lawn while waiting for Jasmine and her friend to come back from their camp by school bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment