Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 273 - Violinist

Thought of the day: It has been a crazy day with a lot of driving for me.  Between the summer camps and errands, I spent a good four hours on the road today.  I am spending way too much time driving this week.  That reminded me of the mundane, mind numbing and exhausting activity that driving really is. When I lived in the bay area, I was more used to driving - of course, I still didn't like it a bit.  Now, after spending a car-less, blissful month in Europe and many bike-only days after returning home, I have found driving particularly distasteful. I look forward to the days when I can finally hop back on the bike and feel the wind when I speed down the hill with Lila squealing with delight behind me.

Photo of the day:

A violinist playing for children in front of the Chautauqua Dining Hall.  Boulder summer can be delightful with festivals, visiting musicians and free play time for the kids.  Despite of all the driving I had to do today, luckily, I managed to experience some delightful moments in Chautauqua Park in the middle of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment